Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Not-So-Little Brother

My not-so-little brother Axel has been selected to row for the New Zealand Under 21s squad. He is 19 years old and is one of two heavyweight single scullers. Huge achievement. He really has come so far since he started rowing 5 years ago.

He holds world records in the 'Erg'? Was given a place at the Central Regional Performance Center and now this, so proud of him, but I'm not suprised...

Ever since Axel was very young (we're talking preschool) he has had this insane passion to be the very best. So, yesterday, whilst hunting for a quote to include on the sponsorship certificate his sponsors get I found this:



"An athlete is a normal person with the gift of undying passion to be the best and achieve greatness." --- Amanda Ring

This describes my brother completely, but it also got me thinking... why can't we strive to achieve greatness in all areas of our lives. There is no point in half committing to anything. So my current goal is to give my all to the endeavours I undertake.

If you would like to assist my brother in his Olympian dreams, please visit this site and vote for him to recieve sponsorship. It takes less than 2 minutes and you don't need to verify your email, so you can make it up if you want.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm not going to undertake any new endeavours?

No comments:

Post a Comment